Safe driving on ice and snow
- Drive with two hands. Always.
- Before turning, slow down while traveling in a straight line.
- While turning, maintain a slow and regular speed. If you accelerate suddenly, your tires could lose traction.
- While turning, don’t make any sudden steering wheel movements.
- Only brake in a straight line before the turn, and do so gradually. Do not brake during the turn.
- Increase your following distance from other cars significantly.
- If your wheels lock and slide, release the brake pedal to recover traction, then slowly brake again.
- Try to avoid changing lanes in slush. It’s safer to change lanes when slush is not on the road.
- If using chains, check for proper clearance between the tire and the vehicle, as well as the clearance between dual tires.
Want to learn more on winter conditions?
Driving for Fuel Economy
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive for fuel economy.
Be alert when driving on the highway. Learn how speed limits, steering, driving breaks, turning signals and more affect your daily drives in the fast lane.
Road Trip Guide
How do I care for my tires? Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and learn how to properly prepare for your road trip.
Maintain your focus on the drive by never driving under the influence. Prepare to navigate emergency driving situations with these key tips.
Driving on Wet Roads
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive safely on wet roads.
Driving Under Difficult Conditions
Navigate with confidence even when the road gets tough. Use these safe driving tips curated by MICHELIN® experts to help you drive under difficult conditions.
Turn your night drives into your safest drives with these four key safe driving tips to keep you alert, at an optimal speed, and away from headlight glares.
Prevent fog from taking over the wheel with these three safe driving precautions to enhance your visibility through the fog and avoid car collisions.
Overcome windy conditions with six easy steps to ensure your safety both inside and outside the car while driving in windy weather.
Take off road drives up a notch with these three safe driving tips for driving in the mud to ensure your vehicle and your adventure won't get stuck in the soil.
Elevate your off-road drives with these three key safety tips for driving in the mud to ensure your vehicle and your adventure won't get stuck in the soil.
Sound driving means a sound mind. Guard against fatigue with these fatigue and driving facts. Be proactive in emergency driving situations with our key tips.
Get Car Ready for Winter
Discover the best winter driving advice in the Michelin winter guide. Find Michelin winter tires here.