Tire Blowouts | Michelin Tires Canada
Note on the video:
The footage is shot at a professional course with a professional driver and tire-explosive testing equipment.
- The loud noise will surprise you but try to stay calm.
- Always keep both hands on the steering wheel and grip firmly. This may save your life in case of a sudden rapid deflation.
- Don’t slam the brakes, keep your foot on the gas and accelerate to maintain the momentum of the vehicle.
- Keep the direction of the car as straight as possible.
- Brake slowly to maintain control of the vehicle and lower the speed.
- Bring the car to a stop in a safe place.
Regain steering control in an emergency situation with five key steps to decrease car speed, car sliding, and send an alert to your fellow drivers.
Learn how to brake in an emergency with eight steps to bring your car to a halt when your brakes stop working whether you're making a turn or driving uphill.