Diagnostic: This is not a problem. It is the normal radial sidewall.
- Indentations are quite natural on radial tires (most tires) and will not affect performance.
- Your tires feature one or more layers of fabric cord within its sidewall construction that run parallel to each other. (Steel cords are used within the tread.) Where the cords overlap, there is often slight indentation.
Symptom: bulge or bubble
Diagnostic: Tire Damage That Requires Repair
A tire with a bulge or bubble cannot be repaired.
- A bulge or bubble on the sidewall of a tire generally indicates damaged cords caused by a severe impact.
- Damaged cords are often accompanied by a visible break in the inner liner.
- If cords have been damaged, air has infiltrated into the plies and can result in a bulge.
Immediately replace the tire with the spare and take the tire to an authorized Michelin tire retailer for a proper inspection.
Damaged & Worn Tires
Identify how wear and tire damage occurs with our list of how conditions, climate maintenance, and usage factors impact tire care.
How to Inspect Tires
Learn how to inspect tires by checking for air pressure, tread wear, and overall tire damage with these three simple steps.
Solve tire vibration and shimmy issues and check to see if your need a tire rebalance with these five important tips.
Car Pulling to One Side
Pinpoint whether your steering issues and one sided pulling are the result of poor tire alignments in this diagnostic breakdown.
Know when poor handling is the result of tire damage that requires repair in this diagnostic breakdown.
Doing a routine tire inspection is a good way to ensure your tires are safe and at peak performance. Learn how to inspect your tires.
Your sidewall is damaged? Learn about flat tire symptoms, sidewall damage and how to repair your tires with the Michelin tire assessment guide.
Tire Inspector Tool
Have you noticed a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the tire section of our Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Flat Spotting
Your tires are flat or soft? Learn about flat tire symptoms, sidewall damage and how to repair your flat tires with the Michelin tire assessment guide.
Tire Inspector Tool Sidewall
Have you noticed a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the sidewall section of our Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Inspector Tool Handling
Have you notice a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the handling section of our Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Inspector Tool Tread
If you notice a problem with one of your tires, diagnose it here with the Michelin Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Wear and Damage
Understand the different types of tire wear and damage with help from Michelin. Learn how to identify and fix tire issues to keep you safe on the road.
Have you noticed uneven or excessive tire wear, excessive wear on both edges, or any other issues related to tire damage? You may have under-inflated tires. Learn more.