What information should you prepare before going?
The more prepared you are before coming to the dealer, the more assured you can be to find the right tire for your driving needs and have confidence in your purchase.
First, make sure you know what tire size is compatible with your vehicle using our Tire Selector tool, looking on your current tires, or in your vehicle’s manual or tire information door sticker.
Next, think about what you need your tires to be able to do for you: what weather or road conditions will you drive in, how you like to drive, etc.
- If you’ve done all of this using our Tire Selector tool, you can easily print out your search information or send it to your cell phone/email. The information pack will have all the information on your search, your selected product, and other compatible alternatives.
5 questions to ask the dealer
- What type of tires do you recommend for my vehicle and my specific driving needs (weather conditions, types of roads, driving style, etc.)?
- For that type of tire, what specific product do you recommend?
- Why do you recommend this tire over others?
- Does its price include mounting and balancing?
- Are any other services included?
Availability and price
- If a tire you’ve selected is not immediately available at your dealer, you can ask them to order it.
- Remember that a good price does not always reflect good value: tires that lasts longer can help you save on fuel and help keep you safe, offering better value in the long run.
When to replace tires
Take the mystery out of tire replacements with our guide on when to replace tires, how long tires last & how to extend tire lifespans with proper tire care.
What should you think about when choosing a tire? Find out how to choose the perfect tire by defining your needs first.
Are you considering mixing new and worn tires? Here are some rules of thumb when buying two tires instead of four.
Choosing the perfect tire is a blend of science and art. Find out how to choose the right tire by following our expert advice.
What should you think about when choosing a tire? Find out how to choose the perfect tire by learning how to properly compare tires.
Buying Seasonal Tires
Knowing when to buy new tires is important for the safety of your vehicle. Your tires need to be adapted to your current weather conditions.
Winter Tire Buying Guide
Looking for winter tires? View the Michelin winter guide to help you find the best tires to tackle the toughest winter conditions.