Sickness and medications can affect your driving
- Your focus on the road can be severely reduced by pain or strong emotional situations.
- If you are taking medication and are unsure about its effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist before driving.
Don’t drive under the influence of alcohol
- Do not consume any alcohol before you drive and be aware of the legal limits.
- Designate a driver or hire a taxi if you have consumed alcohol.
General advice in emergency situations
- Remain calm and do not panic; it will help you make rational, calm decisions.
- Try to brake in a straight line if possible.
- If you are driving at a high speed when the emergency occurs, try to avoid sudden steering since it may result in accidents that can otherwise be avoided.
- You can steer far more effectively at slower speeds. Slow down as much as possible to reduce the impact of a potential collision.
- Your main priority is to save lives. If an accident is unavoidable, take priority actions that ensure the safety of human life first.
- Turn on your hazard lights as soon as possible.
- Make sure you have emergency numbers and insurance numbers on hand at all times.
Driving for Fuel Economy
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive for fuel economy.
Be alert when driving on the highway. Learn how speed limits, steering, driving breaks, turning signals and more affect your daily drives in the fast lane.
Road Trip Guide
How do I care for my tires? Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and learn how to properly prepare for your road trip.
Driving on Wet Roads
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive safely on wet roads.
Driving Under Difficult Conditions
Navigate with confidence even when the road gets tough. Use these safe driving tips curated by MICHELIN® experts to help you drive under difficult conditions.
Turn your night drives into your safest drives with these four key safe driving tips to keep you alert, at an optimal speed, and away from headlight glares.
Prevent fog from taking over the wheel with these three safe driving precautions to enhance your visibility through the fog and avoid car collisions.
Overcome windy conditions with six easy steps to ensure your safety both inside and outside the car while driving in windy weather.
Ice & Snow Driving
Uncover new winter wonderlands while safely driving in snow with nine tips to keep your hands on the wheel, turns precise & winter tires on the road.urns precise & winter tires on the road.
Take off road drives up a notch with these three safe driving tips for driving in the mud to ensure your vehicle and your adventure won't get stuck in the soil.
Elevate your off-road drives with these three key safety tips for driving in the mud to ensure your vehicle and your adventure won't get stuck in the soil.
Sound driving means a sound mind. Guard against fatigue with these fatigue and driving facts. Be proactive in emergency driving situations with our key tips.
Get Car Ready for Winter
Discover the best winter driving advice in the Michelin winter guide. Find Michelin winter tires here.