Safe driving in mountain areas
- Prior to setting off, check your brakes; test them and check the brake fluid.
- Carry the tools necessary in case you break down (for a full list see Precautions and Emergencies).
- Check the condition of your spare tire: the appropriate pressure is especially important.
- Carry extra food, appropriate clothing, and emergency aids.
- Check the weather and road conditions in the mountain area and choose your route wisely.
- Tell at least one other person where and when you are travelling and when you are due back so they can alert emergency services If you don't return on time.
- Blow your horn in advance if your view is blocked during cornering.
- Drive carefully and slow down in turns, especially when your view is blocked.
- Never speed or pass in sharp turns where you may not see oncoming vehicles.
Driving for Fuel Economy
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive for fuel economy.
Be alert when driving on the highway. Learn how speed limits, steering, driving breaks, turning signals and more affect your daily drives in the fast lane.
Road Trip Guide
How do I care for my tires? Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and learn how to properly prepare for your road trip.
Maintain your focus on the drive by never driving under the influence. Prepare to navigate emergency driving situations with these key tips.
Driving on Wet Roads
Discover driving tips offered by Michelin professional test drivers to help you drive safely on wet roads.
Driving Under Difficult Conditions
Navigate with confidence even when the road gets tough. Use these safe driving tips curated by MICHELIN® experts to help you drive under difficult conditions.
Turn your night drives into your safest drives with these four key safe driving tips to keep you alert, at an optimal speed, and away from headlight glares.
Prevent fog from taking over the wheel with these three safe driving precautions to enhance your visibility through the fog and avoid car collisions.
Overcome windy conditions with six easy steps to ensure your safety both inside and outside the car while driving in windy weather.
Ice & Snow Driving
Uncover new winter wonderlands while safely driving in snow with nine tips to keep your hands on the wheel, turns precise & winter tires on the road.urns precise & winter tires on the road.
Take off road drives up a notch with these three safe driving tips for driving in the mud to ensure your vehicle and your adventure won't get stuck in the soil.
Sound driving means a sound mind. Guard against fatigue with these fatigue and driving facts. Be proactive in emergency driving situations with our key tips.
Get Car Ready for Winter
Discover the best winter driving advice in the Michelin winter guide. Find Michelin winter tires here.