Diagnostic: tires out of balance OR steering & suspension system malfunction
- Tires that are out of balance can cause vibrations that lead to premature or uneven tire wear and unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle's suspension.
Solution and advice:
- The solution could be as simple as rebalancing your tires.
- Visit your tire professional at the very first sign of vibration or "shimmy".
- If rebalancing doesn't eliminate the vibration, have the alignment and/or suspension system components checked.
- Tires should be balanced when they are mounted on wheels for the first time or if they have to be removed and remounted.
How to Inspect Tires
Learn how to inspect tires by checking for air pressure, tread wear, and overall tire damage with these three simple steps.
Damaged & Worn Tires
Identify how wear and tire damage occurs with our list of how conditions, climate maintenance, and usage factors impact tire care.
Car Pulling to One Side
Pinpoint whether your steering issues and one sided pulling are the result of poor tire alignments in this diagnostic breakdown.
Know when poor handling is the result of tire damage that requires repair in this diagnostic breakdown.
Doing a routine tire inspection is a good way to ensure your tires are safe and at peak performance. Learn how to inspect your tires.
Your sidewall is damaged? Learn about flat tire symptoms, sidewall damage and how to repair your tires with the Michelin tire assessment guide.
Tire Inspector Tool
Have you noticed a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the tire section of our Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Flat Spotting
Your tires are flat or soft? Learn about flat tire symptoms, sidewall damage and how to repair your flat tires with the Michelin tire assessment guide.
Tire Inspector Tool Sidewall
Have you noticed a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the sidewall section of our Tire Inspector Tool.
Tire Inspector Tool Handling
Have you notice a problem with one of your tires? Diagnose it here with the handling section of our Tire Inspector Tool.