Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more ef cient and more environmentally friendly.
- The Michelin brand is the top-selling tire brand worldwide.
- Michelin is the No. 1 source of innovation in the global tire industry
A Complete Portfolio of Brands for passenger vehicles
- Michelin: a global premium brand
- BFGoodrich: a brand for performance seekers, dedicated to sports cars and SUVs
- Uniroyal: a brand for those with value in mind
Awards & Recognition
- No. 1 in the automotive industry; 34th overall on Forbes 2017 “America’s Best Employer” list
- 85 total awards for initial quality from J.D. Power & Associates, 4.5 times more awards than all other tire manufacturers combined, and ranking highest in “original equipment tires” category in the U.S. for 2017
- Consumer Reports “Recommended Best Buy”
- Fortune Global 500
At a glance
Sales in North America in 2017
In addition to tires, Michelin offers unique mobility experiences through road maps, phone apps, travel itineraries, hotel and restaurant guides and award- winning lifestyle products.
415,000 maps and guides sold in the U.S. and Canada in 2017 More than 14 million licensed MICHELIN® lifestyle products sold in NA in 2017
Better Mobility for Everyone
Since 1889, Michelin has innovated constantly to facilitate the mobility of people and goods, thus contributing to the advancement of human progress. Today, the Group is the leader in tire technology for every type of vehicle, leveraging its expertise in high-tech materials to deliver services and solutions that increase travel ef ciency and products that enable customers to enjoy unique mobility experiences.
in 171 countries
in 17 countries
€ 21.9 BILLION net sales
dealership & service centers
each year in research and development with 6,000 researchers
and technicians working in Europe, North America and Asia
To secure its long-term growth and meet its ambitious nancial, environmental and social responsibility objectives, Michelin will continue to pursue its passion for innovation, execute its sustainable development approach and remain true to its commitment to moving forward with every stakeholder.
leading innovator for
more than 125 years.
“The strength of the Michelin brand and its technological leadership helped to drive 2.6% growth in 2017 and deliver historically high net income, demonstrating the Group’s agility in a more challenging business environment. The introduction of the new organization in early 2018 will deepen employee engagement to enhance customer service, while enabling us to meet our competitiveness objectives. In this way, the Group is con dently moving into another year of progress in 2018 while pursuing its strategy in tires, services, experiences and materials.”
- Jean-Dominique Senard, Chief Executive Officer